Submitting an Ethics Complaint Regarding an Oregon Lawyer
Before You Submit a Complaint
- Please click here and read information on the OSB Client Assistance Office and the complaint process. Valuable time can be saved if you understand the complaint process.
- If you have any questions, please call (503) 620-0222 and ask for the Client Assistance Office prior to submitting.
- You may submit your complaint electronically or via regular mail.
- Please keep a copy of what you submit. If you later request copies of what you have submitted, the bar charges 25 cents per page to copy the documents you request. If you use the online form below, you will receive a copy of your submission as confirmation of the bar's receipt of your complaint at the email address you provide on the form.
- The OSB generally does not have jurisdiction to consider complaints regarding judges. Complaints regarding judges fall within the jurisdiction of the Commission on Judicial Fitness and Disability, rather than the Oregon State Bar. Consequently, the bar would be unable to investigate those allegations. You may wish to contact the Commission on Judicial Fitness and Disability at (503) 626-6776, or PO Box 1130, Beaverton, Oregon 97075-1130.
Methods of Submission
1) To submit a complaint electronically:
Fill in the fields below and attach any documents neccessary to support your concerns.
This form accomodates up to three attachments. If you want to attach more than three documents, please submit your complaint by regular mail. (see step 2 below)
2) To submit your complaint by regular mail:
Although it is not required that you use this form, you may click the button below to download and print a form to fill out.
Please MAIL complaint to:
Client Assistance Office
Oregon State Bar
16037 SW Upper Boones Ferry Road
P.O. Box 231935
Telephone: (503) 620-0222, Toll Free in Oregon: (800) 452-8260