Oregon State Bar Job Opportunities
Design and Production Artist
The Oregon State Bar (OSB) regulates the practice of law in Oregon and provides a variety of services to its members and the public. We are looking for someone to join our dedicated team to produce print and web publications and provide layout and graphic design services for bar departments and bar-related groups.
Responsibilities include the following.
- Serves as production artist for a wide range of materials that are produced for print and/or electronic publication. These materials include newsletters, brochures, directories, forms, charts, signs, business cards and other stationery items, and the Oregon State Bar (OSB) Bulletin magazine.
- Works collaboratively with section website editors to create and update section websites using the content management system in place for these sites.
- Works collaboratively with the OSB website developer to perform maintenance tasks on the OSB website that may include text and graphic content update, file upload, and page reorganization.
- Provides professional customer service and maintains cooperative relationships with internal and external customers to include members and section representatives.
- Maintains appropriate files, records, and documentation for assigned projects.
- Works closely with vendors on outsourced projects to ensure that budgets, specifications, and deadlines are maintained.
Candidates may have any satisfactory equivalent combination of the following experience and training which ensures the ability to perform the work:
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate. Four year degree in a graphic design or communications field preferred.
- A portfolio demonstrating skills in graphic design, page layout, typography, and an eye for modern design aesthetics in both print and web environments.
- Two years recent experience in publication design using Adobe InDesign or similar software.
- Continuing coursework and/or recent experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications (Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver), and the Microsoft Office Suite in a Microsoft Windows environment with particular emphasis on Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of WordPress or other current content management system (CMS) software.
- Experience with HTML and CSS, file upload process and server navigation.
- Ability to type 40 WPM with accuracy.
- Strong organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong ability to use tact.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to pay strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment both efficiently and courteously.
- Ability to exercise professional demeanor and a high level of customer service for a potentially demanding customer base in a variety of situations.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in keeping with the policies and objectives of the Creative Services Department and the OSB.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to the concept of teamwork and cross-responsibility within a department.
- Ability to communicate in person, in writing, by e-mail, and by telephone.
- Ability to operate a computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to distinguish colors.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to manipulate data for program purposes and typing.
- Ability to use standard office equipment and computer peripherals.
- Ability to work in a moderately noisy, open environment.
- Ability to perform detailed work requiring concentrated effort.
- Ability to position self for purposes of filing.
- Ability to travel locally in the Portland Metro area.
The salary range minimum for this position starts at $18.57. The OSB offers excellent benefits including voluntary 6% participation in the PERS program.
Send resume with a cover letter to our mailing address
(please note: building location directions here):
Director of Human Resources
Oregon State Bar
P.O. Box 231935
Tigard, OR 97281-1935
Fax to 503-598-6985 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer