Oregon Bench and Bar Commission on Professionalism Activities
The Commission promotes professionalism in the legal profession through a variety of activities, including:
- Updating the Oregon State Bar’s Statement of Professionalism as needed.
- Introducing the concept and importance of professionalism to students at Oregon’s three law schools.
- Presenting the Lewis & Clark Law School Professionalism Program in the spring of each year in Portland.
- Presenting the annual Oregon Bench & Bar Commission on Professionalism Edwin J. Peterson Award. The nomination form and Standards and Guidelines for the award can be found here.
- Sponsoring the Oregon State Bar Professionalism CLE held each November at the bar center.
- Co-sponsoring bi-annual surveys on Professionalism in Oregon with the Oregon State Bar. The results of the 2010 survey can be found here. The next survey of OSB members will occur in 2012.
- Soliciting and collecting writings on professionalism. These writings are used as resources for members of the bar and those who lecture on professionalism issues.
- Supporting the establishment of the Oregon State Bar’s New Lawyer Mentoring Program.
If you are interested in having a Commission Member speak at a CLE or other event on the topic of professionalism, please contact Kateri Walsh at the Oregon State Bar.