Oregon State Bar Job Opportunities
Director of Information and Design Technology
We are looking for someone to provide strategic & tactical direction, administration, and oversight for the acquisition, development, operation, and integration of all information and design technology (IDT) resources and services, including hardware, software, and supporting infrastructure to manage and deliver information using voice, data, print, web-based, and video collaboration tools.
What you will do:
- Oversees all information and design technology resources and operations, including the OSB's technology-related projects, networking and systems infrastructure and analysis, databases, hardware and software acquisition and integration, programming, and technical/end-user support and training.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and advice to senior management with information on new products and services and opportunities for improved technology and communication systems.
- Directs and provides recommendations to best practices operating standards, methods, and priorities for all technology matters.
- Directs and oversees IDT staff in designing, selecting, developing, installing, integrating, and maintaining reliable and secure computer and communications systems (hardware and software).
- Supervises staff of the IDT Department, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, retention, scheduling, coaching, professional development, reviewing work, and evaluating performance. Makes recommendations on employment and termination of department staff.
- Provide back up support with current Microsoft Administration.
- Provide back up support with Network Firewall Administration.
- Provide back up support with various Multi-Factor-Authentication (VPN access & email access.
- Oversees the development, design, operations, and content maintenance of the OSB's web pages and publications. Recommends and implements policies and procedures for improving electronic publishing, storage, and communication internally and externally with members and member groups.
- Directs and oversees the Creative Services staff in providing creative and production management of all collateral promoting the OSB programs, services, and organizational brand.
- Provides project management expertise, oversight, and guidance for all IDT projects. Plans and executes system conversions, changes, and updates for smooth and timely transition.
- Oversees security and privacy of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment to ensure confidentiality, reliability, and security of organization data, proprietary information, and intellectual property. Brings issues forward to the attention of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and General Counsel.
- Researches, designs, and recommends technology-related solutions that meet the needs and requirements of the end users. Drives those projects from initiation through implementation to successful and timely completion.
- Communicates technology-related changes, enhancements, and modifications to management and staff, so issues, solutions, and impact on other departments or end users are understood.
- Develops the IDT department's long- and short-range plans to support the OSB's overall mission, functions, and strategic plan. Responsible for day-to-day operations of the IDT department within policy guidelines set by the CEO and the Board of Governors (BOG).
- Responsible for identifying appropriate measurements and data points for evaluating the performance of the IDT department programs and services. Held accountable largely on the basis of results through the program measurement process.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that ensure a service orientation toward recipients of program services, and that promotes cooperation and teamwork among the department and program staff.
- Fosters cooperation, collaboration, and teamwork with the department and among other OSB departments and respective directors, managers, chief officers, and staff to provide customer service orientation toward internal and external recipients of IDT services.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, systems, and technologies driving the future of data and telecommunication networks and systems and web pages for the OSB. Maintains knowledge and understanding of OSB program objectives, operational functions, and inter-department relationships.
- Models behavior and provides leadership that values diversity and incorporates inclusive and culturally competent practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Serves as bar liaison to committees and sections as assigned
You may have any satisfactory equivalent combination of the following experience & training that ensures your ability to perform the work. We welcome the opportunity to review your background.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with a degree in IT, computer science, or a related field.
- Four years of experience managing an information technology and network systems department. Experience to include program planning, development, analysis, administration, evaluation, and budgeting.
- Four years of experience in research, analysis, evaluation, and project implementation of IT systems (hardware and software).
- Experience with strategic planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Supervisory experience demonstrating knowledge, understanding, utilization, and application of personnel management practices.
- Strong technical knowledge of and experience effectively overseeing the administration of a majority of the following:
- Windows-based networking systems design, development, and maintenance for data and VOIP
- MS SQL relational database design, development, installation, and support as well as other legacy database technologies
- Development frameworks such as ASP.NET, Core, MVC, JQuery, Vue.js, Entity Framework, Blazor, Dapper ORM
- Hardware and software problem resolution
- Microsoft desktop and server operating systems and products
- Administration and integration to cloud-based applications
- Cloud-based Document Management Systems
- Experience using cloud-based platforms such as Amazon AWS, MS Azure, or other similar platforms
- Association Management Software (AMS) Systems.
- Cloud-Based Video Collaboration tools
- Project Management best practices
- Cyber Security, Privacy, Data Protection, and Regulatory Compliance
- Proven hands-on experience with Microsoft Systems, preferably O365 & M365.
- Proven hands-on experience with Network Firewall Administration.
- Proven hands-on experience maintaining various Multi-Factor-Authentication (VPN) access & email access.
- Knowledge of how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other.
- Demonstrated evidence of continuous learning related to new technologies, systems, and processes.
- Effective and productive use of time management practices, prioritizing, multi-tasking, and working in a fast-paced, detail-driven, service-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills using in-person and virtual formats. Ability to communicate to a broad constituency with effective public speaking and public relations skills before a range of groups.
- Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with demonstrated ability to listen to understand and manage difficult conversations.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, negotiation, facilitation, consulting, problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical skills.
- Self-motivation skills requiring minimal supervision with the ability to balance independent and team-oriented work.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and provide a high level of customer service for a potentially demanding customer base in various situations and with various interest groups or individuals with conflicting and competing needs, desires, and demands.
- Ability to be flexible, agile, and resilient in addressing expected and unexpected situations.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in keeping with the policies and objectives of the IDT Department and the Oregon State Bar.
- Commitment to the concept of teamwork and cross-responsibility within a department and between departments.
Job Related Physical Characteristics:
- Ability to communicate in person, in writing, by e-mail, telephone, and other communication media, e.g., video conferencing.
- Ability to operate a computer for long periods.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods.
- Ability to manipulate data for program and budgetary purposes.
- Ability to use standard office equipment and computer peripherals.
- Ability to maintain focus and perform detailed work requiring concentrated effort for long periods.
- Ability to perform close vision work, and adjust focus, on personal computers, servers, printers and other computer hardware, and A/V equipment.
- Ability to travel overnight, inside and outside Oregon, to meetings and seminars.
- Ability to work with electrical wiring and network cables.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work in a moderately noisy, open environment.
- Ability to report to work during off hours for emergencies.
- Ability to position self for purposes of working on computer equipment.
- Ability to perform as a public speaker before a range of groups.
- Ability to work remotely.
For this exempt position, the salary range is $122,000.00-$152,460.00 annually. The OSB offers excellent benefits including voluntary 6% participation in the PERS program.
If this position interests you, send a resume with a cover letter to our mailing address below:
(please note: building location
Director of Human Resources
Oregon State Bar
P.O. Box 231935
Tigard, OR 97281-1935
Fax to (503) 598-6985 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer