Oregon State Bar Job Opportunities
We are looking for someone to assist with planning, developing, editing, and managing content of the OSB's membership magazine, the Bulletin.
What you will do:
- Work with bar leadership and staff to determine editorial direction of the Bulletin; work extensively with OSB member contributors, including an editorial advisory committee, to develop story and articles ideas.
- Manage and coordinate the preparation, scheduling, and tracking of all content for timely distribution of a high-quality publication in print and online formats.
- Maintain quality of editorial content; work regularly with outside contributors and freelancers, editing their work and providing guidance on content requirements, style, and the publications process.
- Coordinate with the internal staff on design and production, including selection of cover art, story illustrations and overall design.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations associated with the Bulletin within policy guidelines; recommends policies and procedures to the Director of Communications in the area of publications.
- Assign and review the Bulletin-related work of the department’s Associate Editor and administrative assistant as well as contract writers and editors.
- Coordinate other bar publications projects as needed; provide editing and proofreading assistance on miscellaneous bar projects as assigned.
- Model behavior that values diversity and incorporates inclusive and culturally competent practices.
You may have any satisfactory equivalent combination of the following experience & training that ensures your ability to perform the work.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in journalism or a related field; graduation from an accredited law school or experience in the legal field helpful and not required.
- Seven years of experience as an editor (research, writing, developmental editing, copyediting, and proofreading), preferably involving periodicals and use of AP Style.
- Knowledge of production, design, and publication management, including program planning and evaluation.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite in a Microsoft Windows environment with particular emphasis on Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Adobe InCopy.
- Ability to type 40 WPM with accuracy.
For this exempt position, the salary is $6,500 per month. The OSB offers excellent benefits including voluntary 6% participation in the PERS program.
Send resume with a cover letter to our mailing address
(please note: building location directions here):
Director of Human Resources
Oregon State Bar
P.O. Box 231935
Tigard, OR 97281-1935
Fax to (503) 598-6985 or email to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer