1998 Oregon State Bar Economic Survey
1. Gender 1 Male 2 Female
2. Age as of 12/31/97 __________
3. Year admitted to Oregon State Bar 19___
4. Year first admitted to any state bar 19___
5. Type of employment Indicate the type that represented 50% or more of your practice.
6. Area of practice Indicate the area that represented 50% or more of your practice. Select only one.
7. Size of Practice Indicate the number of lawyers in your office. Select only one.
8. Level of Employment Select only one.
9. Hours Worked What was the average number of hours per month that you worked in 1997? Include all hours in the office or on the job, whether billed or not.
10. Pro-Bono What was the average number of hours per month in 1997 you provided pro-bono legal services to individuals whom you did not bill? If none, enter 0.
11. Community Service What was the average number of hours per month in 1997 you volunteered for charitable organizations, churches, or other community services? If none, enter 0.
12. Career Satisfaction How satisfied are you with your legal employment?
13. Career vs Personal Life How satisfied are you with your ability to balance the demands of your professional career with your personal life?
14. Net Personal Income What was your annual net personal income before taxes from your legal practice for the year ended 12/31/97? You may obtain the amount from your W-2, K-1, or Schedule C. If you practiced for less than one year, annualize your response, e.g., multiply six months income times two.
15. Method of Pay Select only one.
16. Billing Rate When you charged on an hourly basis, what was your usual billing rate per hour in 1997?
17. Hours Billed What was the average number of hours that you billed per month in 1997?
18. Billing Methods What portion of your time was spent working on and what portion of your income was derived from the following billing methods?
Estimate to nearest 5%. If none, enter 0.
The total of each column should equal 100%.