Arbitration and Mediation explains the procedures available to compel—or avoid—arbitration and offers strategies for engaging in effective mediation.
New or updated in this book:
- A new chapter comparing the Oregon Uniform Arbitration Act and the Federal Arbitration Act, and analyzing which may apply in an Oregon Arbitration
- Tips and resources for finding an appropriate mediator for a specific area of law
- The new standard for overturning an arbitration award
- A review of Multnomah County Circuit Court’s new referee procedure
- New sections outlining the ADR procedures used in the U.S. District and Ninth Circuit Courts
- Changes in the law affecting the scope and limits of confidentiality in mediation communications
- Information on addressing ADR involving federal agencies
- Ethical rules governing lawyer-mediators
- Changes in enforcement and review of arbitration awards under the Oregon Uniform Arbitration Act
Whether you are a full-time arbitrator or you’ll go to mediation just once, there’s no question that you need this book on your shelf.
BOOK FORMAT WITH FORMS ON CD
1996 2 vols. with 2008 cumulative supplement and forms on CD [420.KT] . . . $245
2008 cumulative supplement with forms on CD and extra binder [420.08KS] . . . $145